Resilient Cloud Monitoring
RCNTEC offers you to make use of a new service – MaaS (Monitoring as a Service). The service is provided on the base of Centralized Monitoring System, which is developed and supported by our specialists.
The monitoring system is classified among ITSM (IT Service Management). It appears to be an important feature of IT-infrastructure management and communication networks of a modern company.
There can be hundreds of network devices, servers, data storage systems and other equipment in a company’s network. Variant system software, software applications, process-specific sectorial software are used for automation of corporate activities.
Every manufacturer or developer elaborates their own monitoring system for equipment management or software management. For example, a major company with hundreds of objects, dozens of communications centers, data centers and server rooms in its structure all around the country, can use such monitoring systems as MS SCOM, HP NNM, HP OM, HP SS, HP CV EVA, PRTG, Nagios, SCCM, Zabbix, Zenoss. Authorized equipment embedded into equipment and software for diagnostic purposes could also be used for monitoring objectives. It is required to monitor data centers and server rooms too, as they influence running of equipment.
Monitoring systems’ diversity appears to be the major issue that influences recession of inspection and security level of IT-infrastructure and applications. It extends the time required for resolving appearing issues.
The solution of the said issues presented itself with appearance of integrated monitoring systems at the market that, on the one hand, can automatically monitor a wide range of facilities and software, and, on the other hand, unite monitoring systems of separate manufacturers. Such systems not only integrate data from different segments, but also construct service-resource models, which concatenate network devices, servers and applications responsible for the issue.
During the error, the information processing analytic algorithms are used, as well as mathematical and static methods that show correlation of separate subsystems; and display it on a graphic model without anything irrelevant. The system allows sending a notification about occurring issues to Service Desk automatically for processing by service department.
RCM provides proactivity, as it is able to notify about approaching issues in advance, for example, problems concerning resource limitation, and others.
Resilient Cloud Monitoring comprises convenient and coherent visualization tools that compactly show the state of IT-infrastructure on the screen for executive group engineer units.
The architecture of Resilient Cloud Monitoring uses features of such respected at monitoring market companies as ITSM, IBM and HP.
Here is one of the features of monitoring architecture – Tivoli Business Service Manager (TBMS) by IBM:
The picture shows that these systems are very complex; they include a lot of development and cost a significant amount of funds.
But that is just a foundation, a basis of the real system. In actual practice, it is required to adapt the monitoring system to a real situation, considering incorporated equipment, network architecture and service level agreement (SLA). It is required to develop a correct and optimized visualization, clear for customer service as well as for the executive group. It is also required to settle compatibility with Service Desk; to integrate it with operations control that takes up customers’ complaints.
RCNTEC’s automation department has been working towards this idea since 2005, using self-engineered products. Work upon perfection and development of CMS spreads constantly with advancement of the system.
It stands to reason that such a big and complex system can be expanded only by a major company that has a well-developed IT-infrastructure. That is why among the owners of such systems stand leading communications providers, TEC companies, big business and finance industry leaders. If a company has its own data center, it cannot run without CMS. Otherwise, it is impossible to provide the required rank of Tier data center.
The question is, what medium and small-sized business owners are supposed to do, giving that they do not have enough funds for acquisition and adaptation? As a matter of fact, they have their own significant problems to solve, and down time due to technical issues leads to massive financial losses and customers’ discontent.
And now there is a way out. We are ready to provide our CMS resources for monitoring of your particular IT-infrastructure in the form of MaaS.
We connect it to our monitoring system, align it with your characteristics, synchronize it with your Service Desk. We can also add Occurrence Analysts’ service – 24/7 working experts who filter monitoring occurrences for a company.
As a result, you get 24/7 control over your infrastructure. It is also important that our cloud system is located in data processing centers (backup provided), and our own customer service constantly watches its service capability.
The scheme of MaaS service
1. A client fills out the forms required for linking of their IT-infrastructure with RCNTEC monitoring system. Then a client discusses points of data display on executives’ and IT experts’ screens; discusses the matters of CMS integration with the client’s Service Desk. The required service level is discussed next.
2. RCNTEC experts get an access to IT-infrastructure resources for data acceptance. CMS monitors the client’s network and construct service capacity models.
3. IT-infrastructure data is transferred to executives’ and customer service’s screens. CMS data is received directly to the client’s Service Desk for problem resolution. If necessary, the client’s experts get advisory services and recommendations from the provider’s customer service.
4. If required, the information for area divisions might maintain only IT-infrastructure data of one region. The Center has access to the information of all the regions, including IT-infrastructure of the central region.
Concerning information security
You allow access to your network for CMS with only technical data acceptance. The applications’ content and inside information are inaccessible for us.
Advantages of Resilient Cloud Monitoring:
1. You have complete information about the state of your IT-infrastructure.
2. You are notified about upcoming issues (proactive monitoring), and you can take measures to resolve a problem.
3. Information on issues is automatically submitted to your Service Desk, and on the screen of the necessary expert in convenient form. The expert gets to resolve the localized problem right away.
4. IT-service executives have up-to-date information about IT-infrastructure issues and monitor the situation.
5. You can optimize the structure of your IT-service. Now you have the feature of automated monitoring 24/7 in outsourcing mode. You don’t have to pay engineers that worked on this task in your department before.
6. Your company’s executive group and engineering services have complete and accurate information about the prime business applications, including convenient display any time, even on mobile devices.
7. Any loss due to down time is reduced drastically so you can concentrate on your business.
8. The price and the time required for getting result are minor compared to self-maintained development of a similar system within your company.
RCNTEC is ready to hold a presentation and demonstration of our operating RCM system and answer all the questions you have, so you could come to a balanced decision.
We are waiting for your application! Feel free to contact us at any time!